Re: Loss of functionality on solaris with HTTPS SOAP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:24:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, user1k1_at_zapak.com wrote:

First, your message mailformed so I had to dig out contents from the HTML and
therefor I didn't bother to get everything out since it got annoying. Please
fix your mailer to send correctly formatted mails, and don't send us HTML.

Second, you're talking libcurl so curl-library is most likely the suitable
list for you to take this subject to.

> I am using CURL for HTTP connections. I use these HTTP connections to send
> SOAP requests to the webservice. I have set MAXCONNECTS to 1

> When my application initializes connections, after curl_easy_perform call,
> these connections goes into close_wait state. Why? Subsequent requests are
> successfull even the connection is in close_wait state. Does CURL
> re-establish the connection inside curl_easy_perform.

Yes, libcurl establishes, re-uses or re-establishes the connection as needed.