Re: metalink support

From: Anthony Bryan <anthonybryan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 16:33:17 -0400

> Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:51:51 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
> Subject: Re: metalink support
> To: the curl tool <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>

>> I was wondering about that too. Is a dual license acceptable/possible?
>
> Sure!

Tatsuhiro's libmetalink is getting close to release. What license(s)
do you suggest, so that curl and wget will be able to use it? (I'll
also ask on the wget list).

>> Parallel transfers would be great, but would you be opposed to starting off
>> with something simpler?
>
> No I wouldn't. Starting with a simple approach to extend it over time is a
> great way of doing things!

Perfect. Is someone from the cURL community interested in working on
this? If so, please let me know!

--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
 )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads