Re: configure: error: OpenSSL libs and/or directories were not foundwhere specified!

From: Weston C <westonc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:00:16 -0700

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Brian Dessent <brian_at_dessent.net> wrote:
> If you installed shared openssl into a non-standard location then you
> need to inform the dynamic linker of that location so that it can find
> the openssl library at runtime. This can be done by adding the location
> to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or editing /etc/ld.so.conf, or by linking with an
> rpath that specifies the location.

Thank you! Adding /usr/local/ssl/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and running
ldconfig to update it seems to make 7.16.1 run fine.

If anybody else wants to poke with me at the build issues I'm having
with 7.18.x, I'm game, but unless there's a compelling reason to
change, I suspect 7.16 will probably do just fine.