Re: configure: error: OpenSSL libs and/or directories were not foundwhere specified!

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:41:35 -0700

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 04:00:16PM -0700, Weston C wrote:
> Thank you! Adding /usr/local/ssl/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and running
> ldconfig to update it seems to make 7.16.1 run fine.
>
> If anybody else wants to poke with me at the build issues I'm having
> with 7.18.x, I'm game, but unless there's a compelling reason to
> change, I suspect 7.16 will probably do just fine.

Many bugs have been fixed since 7.16.1 was released a year and a half ago,
so I recommend you move to the latest version. If you're willing to plug
at the latest version a bit more, then there are people here who are
willing to help you get it going. If there is a problem in curl, you'd
be helping out not just yourself but everyone else who will be trying
to do the same thing.

Have you tried a daily snapshot yet? Try the latest at
http://cool.haxx.se/curl-daily/ since there have been many changes since
7.18.1 already.

>>> Dan