Re: New cURL user

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:49:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, sheila cannon wrote:

> I am a graphic design student at Parsons in New York City. I recently
> started getting involved in web design and coding, with some experience in
> html/css. I found your site because it sounded like a great way to combine
> the things I have learned (except the CSS part) with a useful and practical
> way of transferring files for people who are interested in this kind of
> technology. I downloaded cURL recently, but I am not sure how to use it. I
> have no idea how to use a command line either. If it's not too complicated,
> could someone teach me how to do it. Or is there a tutorial on it?

Well, the command line is a very powerful place to be and I'm not sure just a
small tutorial on how to use curl from there will be sufficient. Some docs
that detail how curl works when used on the command line include:

         http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manual.html
         http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html

and of course the reference page, the full man page, which explains all flags
and options available:

         http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html

> If you are interested in changing the look of your site, or any other
> service I could offer it would be a great learning experience for me, and
> would hopefully contribute to this great project.

I'd be very happy with some help on improving the design and the looks of the
web site.