Re: metalink support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:19:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, Anthony Bryan wrote:

>> Adding metalink support to the curl tool however, seems like a very good
>> idea to me...
>
> I would love to see curl with metalink support. I'm certain that the added
> attention of the curl community could only improve metalink.
>
> Please let me know if there's anything I can do to make this happen.
>
> The metalink docs are at http://www.metalinker.org/implementation.html#spec

We basically need someone to step forward and start working on actually
_implementing_ it. Unfortunately it will require some rather big changes in
the code, which probably scares away most people.

This is not a particularly scratchy itch on my own back so I don't see myself
diving into this task within the nearest future.