Re: Sftp on Win?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:27:40 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Maury Markowitz wrote:

>> curl has some problems with its win32 build Makefile, that SFTP support is
>> not actually compiled in. The code for SFTP support is there (and working
>> on other OSS platforms), it is just not _compiled_ in.
>
> Astonishing. Is this likely to be fixed any time soon? I'd prefer to use
> curl for all my file transfers, but this basically tanks me.

If you're talking about the binaries that I provide on the download page, the
situation is likely to remain like this as long as the libssh2 lib isn't fixed
to properly build cross-compiled on linux with mingw. I use that setup to
build the windows (lib)curl packages I offer. So in my case it is certainly
not because of "problems with its win32 build Makefile".

Anyone and everyone is free to build and provide their own builds, they don't
have to be done by me!