Re: This site has me somewhat confused

From: Maury Markowitz <maury.markowitz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:07:17 -0500

On Nov 28, 2007 11:45 AM, Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> The CCC is the Clear Command Channel command. It stops the encryption of
> the command channel so that NAT firewalls can follow the FTP transactions.

Ok, so is it sort of the opposite of the AUTH command issued earlier?

> The --ftp-ssl-ccc option tells curl to clear the command channel after
> authentication.

Ok, that sounds promising. However it seems that the original
connection is also in the clear, and is switched to encrypted after
connection. Is this the basic mode of operation for SFTP anyway?

 Due to a glitch in the RFC, and thus some FTP server
> implementations, you might have to tell curl to be either active or
> passive in the CCC negotiation. Then you can try to add
> --ftp-ssl-ccc-mode=active as well.

Thanks for the tips! I'll go try some playing around now.

Maury