Re: This site has me somewhat confused

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:45:28 +0100

Maury Markowitz wrote:
> But what is CCC? Something to do with the command channel? Isn't this already
> protected due to the AUTH?

The CCC is the Clear Command Channel command. It stops the encryption of
the command channel so that NAT firewalls can follow the FTP transactions.

> Is there some way I can use flags to do this with curl? I see that
> there are a number of flags that turn certain encryption options on at
> various stages of curl's operation, but I really don't understand this
> stuff enough to match up those options with the various commands I'm
> seeing here in the log.

The --ftp-ssl-ccc option tells curl to clear the command channel after
authentication. Due to a glitch in the RFC, and thus some FTP server
implementations, you might have to tell curl to be either active or
passive in the CCC negotiation. Then you can try to add
--ftp-ssl-ccc-mode=active as well.

Linus