Re: curl vs wget

From: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 01:49:55 -0700 (PDT)

--- Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>
> >> where wget is just for downloading.
> >
> > - correct, but there is also 'wput'.
> >
> > So it might make sense to compare cURL <-> (wget + wput).
>
> I disagree. I compare two specific tools. wput is a third tool and if I would
> include that it would be a comparison between curl and "wget together with
> another random FTP uploaing tool".
>
> --
> Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: http://haxx.se/curl.html

I don't understand your logic.

cURL does both download and upload, right ?
wget does just download, wput - just upload.

If you insist on comparing cURL <-> wget, why did you choose wget and wput ?

That is, why did you choose only download-capable counterpart and not
only upload-capable counterpart ?

Since wget and wput are complementary tools which, when combined in a "bundle",
make possible both download and upload, it looks logical to compare
cURL to (wget + wput).

Regards,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/