Re: curl vs wget

From: Kjell Ericson <Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:13:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> If you insist on comparing cURL <-> wget, why did you choose wget and wput?
> That is, why did you choose only download-capable counterpart and not
> only upload-capable counterpart ?

wput isn't part of any of my systems, so I assume most people don't bundle
wget and wput.

Most people (I assume) ask "why should I use curl and not wget". They don't
know about wput (which seems to be of version 0.6).

But I don't mind if that page contains a little list of "similar tools" doing
parts (or more) of curl. But where shall you stop? At scp or...

I would personally like to see the page telling me "when to use curl" and
"when to use wget". Might be an objective view of the tools that is easily
readable.

...but that I leave to Daniel.

  // Kjell