Re: Three state in the same Error code :-X

From: Sebastien WILLEMIJNS <sebastien_at_willemijns.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:59:22 +0200

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 16:21:59 +0200 (CEST), "Daniel Stenberg"
<daniel_at_haxx.se> said:

> So first you say 10060 and then 10061? The first one seems to be
> WSAETIMEDOUT
> which makes sense but the second is WSAECONNREFUSED and that doesn't make
> sense. Can you tell us how to repeat that error?
>
> > error 28 means 3 things:
>
> That's just not true. Error 28 is for timeouts, but internally there are
> lots
> of various timeouts and sometimes it isn't that easy to separate a
> default
> timeout from a user-specified one. There's roughly 27 places in the code
> that
> can cause this error code to get returned.
>
> > i continue to inverstagate in my user level
>
> We need exact details on what you did and what the acutal problem was...

hum... i can not arrive to be sure to detect what is the difference
between
"curl: (28) Timeout was reached" and "curl: (28) Connection time-out"

i suppose first is 10061 and second is 10060 winsock error but i'm not
sure...

otherwise i'm sure the
"curl: (28) Operation timed out after 1 milliseconds with 2575 out of
7678"
will be renamed in another number than 28 because it is a user request
not any kind
of network troubles ;)