Re: cURL and origin cookie redirect authentication based method on a proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 22:02:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, laurent zannettacci wrote:

> when using a Firefox browser and requesting www.cnn.com for instance I
> receive a 302 code from the proxy as show below:

[...]

> This a normal behavior. Then the browser issues the following request:

I'd just like to add that I don't consider this "normal proxy behaviour". This
proxy is clearly a "transparent" one, and they are not the normal http kind.
Even if fluent and used all over.

> Does anyone can teel me if such kind of behavior can be repoduced using cURL
> ?From my understanding and my tests the answer is no but i'm probably wrong.

Well, my gut feeling is sure, those are just 302s and 401s and curl deals with
them nicely. But...

> == Info: Authentication problem. Ignoring this.
> <= Recv header, 41 bytes (0x29)
> 0000: WWW-Authenticate: BASIC realm="LDAP_AD"

This seems to imply that curl gets confused by the 302 preceeding the 401. I
would call it a bug, and I don't think it has been fixed in the most recent
release nor CVS.

Any chance you can help us debug/work on this?