Re: Three state in the same Error code :-X

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 16:21:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Sebastien WILLEMIJNS wrote:

>>> option, the server gives timeout (10060 winsock code):
>>> curl: (28) Timeout was reached
>>
>> I would say this sounds like a bug. Do you know what timeout this refers
>> to?
>
> i have used a winsock display code and it is 10061

So first you say 10060 and then 10061? The first one seems to be WSAETIMEDOUT
which makes sense but the second is WSAECONNREFUSED and that doesn't make
sense. Can you tell us how to repeat that error?

> error 28 means 3 things:

That's just not true. Error 28 is for timeouts, but internally there are lots
of various timeouts and sometimes it isn't that easy to separate a default
timeout from a user-specified one. There's roughly 27 places in the code that
can cause this error code to get returned.

> i continue to inverstagate in my user level

We need exact details on what you did and what the acutal problem was...