Re: Probable Bug in Curl cookie handling 'expires=+6s'

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:50:31 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Farhad Tarapore wrote:

> The point is even though the cookie spec says that 'expires' must be a long
> format timestamp value, CGI.pm itself sends it as a relative string and
> expects that it will get handled by the client (browser or curl program).

Yeah, but the majority of all users/scripts/server follow the cookie specs and
thus libcurl has been made to parse date formats as described in those specs.
It doesn't make it more correct just because CGI.pm can output it.

I've personally never seen a site returninng such cookies.

> I will try and come up with a patch for this, but can't promise owing to my
> tight schedule :(

We're all on tight schedules and that will never change...

I'm afraid that supporting all that kind of weird "plain text" relative date
formats is painful and will require quite some work.