Re: Probable Bug in Curl cookie handling 'expires=+6s'

From: Farhad Tarapore <bilaribilari_til_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:38:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the response.

The reason I brought this topic up is that such cookies are being
sent by CGI.pm and Cookie.pm. The constructor is

new CGI::Cookie(-name => $name ,-value => $value,-expires => $expiry,-path => $path,-domain => $d,);

For the -expires parameter, it accepts a string like '+6s'. CGI.pm doesn't
crib about the fact that this ought to be an absolute timestamp and not a
relative one (see rfc 2109 section 10.1.2).
The point is even though the cookie spec says that 'expires' must be a
long format timestamp value, CGI.pm itself sends it as a relative string and
expects that it will get handled by the client (browser or curl program).

I will try and come up with a patch for this, but can't promise owing to
my tight schedule :(

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Farhad.