Re: Development using cURL library on HP-UX 11i v2 (ia64)

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 14:48:55 -0800

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 10:57:35AM -0800, Vinay Rai wrote:
> The only question being, we had used libcurl 7.9.5 version in past (for 32 bit
> HPUX) and (I am told) we had been able to build our application with the same
> Makefile and other configurations.
>
> Can you please confirm this change is required only in newer version of curl,
> or newer version+platform.

It all depends on what options libcurl was compiled with; some of those
options were only added in newer versions of libcurl, so in that respect
it's somewhat curl version dependent. You could still have similar problems
with older versions of libcurl. Your original example showed that the
libcurl you were having problems with was compiled with libidn and OpenSSL
at least, which evidently your older libcurl wasn't.

>>> Dan