connects but then nothing

From: Dorr, Brad <Brad.Dorr_at_phns.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 17:12:28 -0400

I am trying to send a file using SSL. It will connect but then does nothing. Can someone help give me direction?

Below is the command I run and the output from it. I have verbose turned on and show errors. I actually need to send a file but for now I would just like to use the -l option and get back a list of files on their server so I know it works. But it won't return anything, it just sits there after the connect.

curl --ftp-ssl -Slvu ????:????? ftp.initiatesystems.com:990

* About to connect() to ftp.initiatesystems.com port 990
* Trying 66.105.34.179... connected
* Connected to ftp.initiatesystems.com (66.105.34.179) port 990

Thanks,
Brad Dorr.

Disclaimer:
This electronic message, including any attachments, is confidential
and intended solely for use of the intended recipient(s). This
message may contain information that is privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure by applicable law. Any unauthorized
disclosure, dissemination, use or reproduction is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
delete it and notify the sender immediately.