RE: Problem linking to recv on HP-UX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 14:23:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Blackburn, Gary (HHS/RHRC) wrote:

> This system uses HPUX 11.11 and the cc compiler also. I've been trying to
> compile curl 7.15.5 (the latest released version). I don't have access to
> CVS to try a later build.

Nothing major has changed in that area. But OK, I retried with the 7.15.5
version and:

checking for recv... yes
checking types of arguments and return type for recv... int,void *,int,int,int

> Looking farther up the configure output I've got a bunch of these:
>
> configure: WARNING: openssl/x509.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: openssl/x509.h: check for missing prerequisite

> Could this be related? When I looked this up in Autoconf it appears
> these warnings occur when the pre-processor and compiler disagree. I
> don't know if this is relevant or not.

Well, I would say that these errors also indicate that there's something on
your system that makes life hard for the preprocessor.

I don't have OpenSSL readily installed on my test-HPUX box so I couldn't
quickly do a test, but the OpenSSL checks have been the same for quite a while
and others have managed to build curl with it on that platform. With this
exact same curl version too.

Perhaps investigating the details of config.log and the particular checks that
fail can reveal something.