RE: Problem linking to recv on HP-UX

From: Blackburn, Gary (HHS/RHRC) <Gary.Blackburn_at_hhs.gov>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 09:42:04 -0400

> I don't have OpenSSL readily installed on my test-HPUX box so I
couldn't
> quickly do a test, but the OpenSSL checks have been the same for quite
> while and others have managed to build curl with it on that platform.
With
> this exact same curl version too.

Heh. I suspected that, which means there's something wonky with my
system.

> Perhaps investigating the details of config.log and the particular
checks > that fail can reveal something.

Poking around config.log shows a bunch of recv tests that fail like
this:

| extern int RECVCALLCONV recv(int, char *,
socklen_t, unsigned int);

| int
| main ()
| {
|
| int s=0;
| char * buf=0;
| socklen_t len=0;
| unsigned int flags=0;
| int res = recv(s, buf, len, flags);
|
| ;
| return 0;
| }

configure:35489: cc -c -I/opt/openssl/include/openssl
-I/opt/openssl/include conftest.c >&5
(Bundled) cc: "conftest.c", line 121: error 1705: Function prototypes
are an ANSI feature.

Looking around the rest of the file there's lots of complaints about my
compiler (cc) not being an ANSI compiler, both here and in the OpenSSL
parts mentioned above. Does curl require an ANSI C compiler? All I've
got right now is the basic HP-UX non-ANSI version of cc. If that's the
problem I'll contact my admins and get either the ANSI version of cc
installed or gcc.

Thanks!

--
Gary Blackburn