RE: Problem linking to recv on HP-UX

From: Blackburn, Gary (HHS/RHRC) <Gary.Blackburn_at_hhs.gov>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 07:58:33 -0400

This system uses HPUX 11.11 and the cc compiler also. I've been trying
to compile curl 7.15.5 (the latest released version). I don't have
access to CVS to try a later build.

Looking farther up the configure output I've got a bunch of these:

configure: WARNING: openssl/x509.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: openssl/x509.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: openssl/x509.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: openssl/x509.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: openssl/x509.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: openssl/x509.h: in the future, the compiler will
take precedence
configure: WARNING: ##
configure: WARNING: ##
##
checking for openssl/x509.h... yes
checking openssl/rsa.h usability... no
checking openssl/rsa.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: openssl/rsa.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: openssl/rsa.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: openssl/rsa.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: openssl/rsa.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: openssl/rsa.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: openssl/rsa.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING: ##
configure: WARNING: ##
##
checking for openssl/rsa.h... yes
checking openssl/crypto.h usability... no
checking openssl/crypto.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: openssl/crypto.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: openssl/crypto.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: openssl/crypto.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: openssl/crypto.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: openssl/crypto.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: openssl/crypto.h: in the future, the compiler will
take precedence
configure: WARNING: ##
configure: WARNING: ##
##
checking for openssl/crypto.h... yes
checking openssl/pem.h usability... no
checking openssl/pem.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: openssl/pem.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: openssl/pem.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: openssl/pem.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: openssl/pem.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: openssl/pem.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: openssl/pem.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING: ##
configure: WARNING: ##
##
checking for openssl/pem.h... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... no
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: openssl/ssl.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: openssl/ssl.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: openssl/ssl.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: openssl/ssl.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: openssl/ssl.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: openssl/ssl.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING: ##
configure: WARNING: ##
##
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking openssl/err.h usability... no
checking openssl/err.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: openssl/err.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: openssl/err.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: openssl/err.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: openssl/err.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: openssl/err.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: openssl/err.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING: ##
configure: WARNING: ##
##
checking for openssl/err.h... yes
checking openssl/pkcs12.h usability... no
checking openssl/pkcs12.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: openssl/pkcs12.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: openssl/pkcs12.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: openssl/pkcs12.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: openssl/pkcs12.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: openssl/pkcs12.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: openssl/pkcs12.h: in the future, the compiler will
take precedence
configure: WARNING: ##
configure: WARNING: ##
##
checking for openssl/pkcs12.h... yes
checking for ENGINE_init... yes
checking openssl/engine.h usability... no
checking openssl/engine.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: openssl/engine.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: openssl/engine.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: openssl/engine.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: openssl/engine.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: openssl/engine.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: openssl/engine.h: in the future, the compiler will
take precedence
configure: WARNING: ##
configure: WARNING: ##
##

Could this be related? When I looked this up in Autoconf it appears
these warnings occur when the pre-processor and compiler disagree. I
don't know if this is relevant or not.

Thanks.

--
Gary Blackburn