Re: curl installation for perl

From: Brian Dessent <brian_at_dessent.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 14:49:18 -0800

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Then I'm afraid I have to say that I have no idea. The perl binding comes with
> fine install procedure for *nix-like operating systems and I have not seen any
> description on how to translate that to Windows conditions and I have no such
> clues myself.
>
> I would assume that someone good at perl on Windows could help you out.

If you use Cygwin's perl then the unix instructions should translate
more or less verbatim. Just make sure to have the curl, libcurl3, and
curl-devel packages installed and then follow the normal CPAN procedure
for installing any perl module. That said I've never tried this, but
since Cygwin's goal is to provide as close to actual *nix environment as
possible, it should work.

Now, if you're talking about Activestate perl, that's a whole separate
universe. (And I would never advocate anyone using their perl port over
the "real" perl offered by Cygwin.)

Brian