Re: curl installation for perl

From: Frank Harvey <c2builder_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 06:24:36 -0800 (PST)

Does the perl "system" call work on windows? If so,
you could get out to curl faster than writing a reply
to this email. With perl on linux, not using any
special "bindings", you can basically reach any
program or script by giving the command line as a
string to system(). Special characters are sometimes
treated differently so it's prudent to make up a
single string variable containing the desired command.

Perl also has backtick invocations:
$cwd=`pwd`;
which could be used for returning strings rather than
exit codes.

I've used curl a lot from bash scripts on Linux. I
found no need to go the library.

I've not tried any of this on Cygwin.

frank