RE: LibCurlNet: SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO error with secure ftp site

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:44:54 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Bailo, John wrote:

(Your emails are hard to read due to the massive amount of newlines in them.)

> Update - after reading through the mailing list archives I advanced the
> cause slightly - it seems as if the remote server may be using SSL v.3 So I
> added the line
>
> easy.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_SSLVERSION,
> CURLsslVersion.CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1)

If you want SSLv3, why do you request TLSv1? They are not the same. Ask for
SSLv3 instead and it might work better.

The need for this option indicates that the server is using a faulty SSL
implementation so there's no guarantee forcing SSLv3 will work either.