RE: LibCurlNet: SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO error with secure ftp site

From: Bailo, John <jbailo_at_vestcom.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:33:21 -0800

Update - after reading through the mailing list archives I advanced the
cause slightly - it seems as if the remote server may be using SSL v.3 So
I added the line

easy.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_SSLVERSION,
CURLsslVersion.CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1)

And kept these lines:

easy.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_FTP_SSL, CURLftpSSL.CURLFTPSSL_ALL);

easy.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_FTPSSLAUTH, CURLftpAuth.CURLFTPAUTH_SSL);

Now, I see these results - what could be the problem here? Do I need
another flag?

Connected to secftp.targetbase.com (12.154.34.199) port 21

220 MOVEit DMZ FTP

AUTH SSL

234 SSL enabled start the negotiation

SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client hello (1):

_SLv?, Unknown (2):

/

error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number