RE: LibCurlNet: SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO error with secure ftp site

From: Bailo, John <jbailo_at_vestcom.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:45:45 -0800

Thanks for your reply.

I tried a number of different combinations, and right now I am using SSL2 --
this seems get past the protocol message. (PS-This is a major secure ftp
portal site (MoveIt) so I would think they would use the best standards.
But you never know!)

However, after that, using these parameters:

easy.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_FTP_SSL, CURLftpSSL.CURLFTPSSL_ALL);

easy.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_FTPSSLAUTH, CURLftpAuth.CURLFTPAUTH_SSL);

easy.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_SSLVERSION,
CURLsslVersion.CURL_SSLVERSION_SSLv2);

I get this error:

Connected to secftp.targetbase.com (12.154.34.199) port 21

220 MOVEit DMZ FTP

AUTH SSL

234 SSL enabled start the negotiation

SSLv2, Client hello (1):

Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to secftp.targetbase.com:21

Closing connection #0

The program '[1220] curftpsamples.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).