Re: IPV6 Support not shown from output curl -V command

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 19:47:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Richard Dachowski wrote:

> As you can see, the IPV6 feature is NOT listed on the line starting with
> the word, Features:. Since the curl binary I downloaded is the latest one,

The binaries provided from the download page are only what friendly people
provide. They are not complete and there are numerous build combinations that
aren't offered as binaries.

The only sane thing to do here is to download the sources and build your own
version that has the features you need/want.

Or pay someone to do it for you.

> is there a curl command line option I am not using that must be specified in
> order to use IPV6?

No, if IPv6 isn't mentioned in the features list there is no IPv6 support in
the library.