Re: Problem with FTPS and curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:53:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Baktor Silvanti wrote:

> This is the first time I've had to use curl so please bare with me. I am
> trying to setup a script that will grab 2 files from a remote FTPS server
> and then place 2 files on the same server. When I attempt to connect, I seem
> to halt on the data port SSL/TLS handshake.

> curl --VERSION
> curl 7.14.1

This is a known problem.

The reason for the problem is that the SSL negotiation is attempted by curl
when the server doesn't. There are several different work-arounds to choose
from:

1. Downgrade to curl 7.14.0

2. Use PORT instead of PASV (using -P)

3. Get tomorrow's daily snapshot of curl 7.14.2

4. Build 7.14.1 from source and manually apply the patch that reverts this bad
    SSL negotation "fix". See the patch I attached to this mail:
    http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2005-09/0163.html

Sorry for the troubles.