Re: Install Question

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:20:46 -0500

On the command line or in a script, you can always fully qualify the path,
but that doesn't help Apache/PHP. When you rebuilt php, did you specify
where to find curl, or did you let it find the existing libcurl (probably in
/usr/lib). You could try that again, but specify:

--with-curl=/usr/local

That will leave the old curl intact and place, and php will happily use the
new one. I've done this numerous times on a RedHat system...

Ralph Mitchell