Re: Install Question

From: Bob Cohen <bcohen_at_bpecreative.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:54:47 -0400

Doug McNutt wrote:

>At 20:09 -0400 9/26/05, Bob Cohen wrote:
>

>>PHP continues to complain about an incorrect version of cURL. When I type curl -V/ it says, sure enough, that I'm still running: "curl 7.9.5 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl 7.9.5 (OpenSSL 0.9.6b) (ipv6 enabled)"
>>

>Did you restart your terminal session? It sounds as though the new curl was installed in /usr/local/bin and the old perl is in /usr/bin. Your path should look at /usr/local/bin first but the terminal shell only looks when it is started up.

I just did a whereis curl and it lists /usr/bin/curl before
/usr/local/bin/curl. Hmm. rehash doesn't seem to work. Does this mean
I need to reset the path? I'm worried about nuking the existing curl
for fear that other programs might be depending on it.

>is a command that will make most shells check for new executables but you'll need to use it in the shell that executes PHP which might be involved with Apache.

How would I know which shell executes PHP, which by the way is involved
with Apache?

Thanks for your help :-)

ob Cohen
Principal MojoTools and b.p.e.Creative