Re: Install Question

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:44:39 -0600

At 20:09 -0400 9/26/05, Bob Cohen wrote:
>PHP continues to complain about an incorrect version of cURL. When I type curl -V/ it says, sure enough, that I'm still running: "curl 7.9.5 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl 7.9.5 (OpenSSL 0.9.6b) (ipv6 enabled)"

Did you restart your terminal session? It sounds as though the new curl was installed in /usr/local/bin and the old perl is in /usr/bin. Your path should look at /usr/local/bin first but the terminal shell only looks when it is started up.

rehash

is a command that will make most shells check for new executables but you'll need to use it in the shell that executes PHP which might be involved with Apache.

--
-->The Creator is the God who provided the void and the rules that matter and energy must live by in order to exist in it. Intelligent designers and engineers create useful stuff while abiding by the rules.<--