Re: Clearing all cookies?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:01:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Georg Horn wrote:

(since this is pure libcurl talk, you should probably consider using the
libcurl mailing list instead to reach a more dedicated audience...)

> I'm looking for a way to simply clear all known cookies from libcurls
> cookie-cache. As far as i understand, CURLOPT_COOKIESESSION only works when
> reading cookies from a file, but it does not clear cookies that are held in
> memory.

That is correct.

> In the mailinglist archives i found the following:
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-12/0197.html
>
> : > I'm not sure how to clear all known cookies easily, or even if that is a
> : > desired feature.
> : Why not using the curl_easy_setopt CURLOPT_COOKIELIST with a NULL value?
>
> But as far as i can see from the manpage, this option is not implemented
> yet. Will it be implemented some time, or any other way to set or clear
> cookies?

That is probably from a posting when we've discussed a new cookie API. We do
that every now and then. And then the subject fades away for a while, only to
pop up again months later...

The last timed we discussed it, I edited my previous suggestion and it
currently looks like this:

         http://curl.haxx.se/dev/COOKIES-new

> Or do i have to stay with my current woraround, to close and reopen the curl
> handle?

That's unfortunately the only currently available method.