RE: [ curl-Bugs-1206450 ] cannot launch curl 7.14.0 generic nossl on win98se (fwd)

From: Roth, Kevin P. <kproth_at_mapllc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:41:59 -0400

I can't tell you how to fix it, but your generic build must be linked
with a SECUR32.DLL file from which it tries to find an exported function
that only exists on Windows 2000 and beyond. Windows 98's version of
secur32.dll must not have it.

Is there any way to load that DLL/function only if needed in some sort
of "late-bound" fashion? Or, could you perhaps provide a windows build
of curl with SSPI turned off (in addition to the current one of course)?

If not, please PLEASE do not stop providing your generic win32 build, as
it works perfectly fine on W2k and WXP, and is kept up to date a little
quicker than anyone else's build. But, maybe you could mark it as not
being Windows 98 compatible and allow someone else to provide a win98
compatible version separately.

- Kevin