RE: [ curl-Bugs-1206450 ] cannot launch curl 7.14.0 generic nossl on win98se (fwd)

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:16:00 -0700

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Is there a win98 user in the audience who use the previous
> 7.13.2 build fine?
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.13.2-win32-nossl.zip
> http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.13.2-win32-ssl.zip

I don't have the SSL libraries on my win98 box so the SSL version
doesn't run, but 7.13.2-nossl runs fine there. 7.14.0-nossl doesn't run
fine. The message is:

The CURL.EXE file is linked to missing export
SECUR32.DLL:CompleteAuthToken.

To get this to run on pre-NT versions of Windows, we should use
LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress as we do in telnet.c. I don't have time
to write this patch at the moment, but perhaps someone else does?

-DB