Re: Libcurl for Metrowerks CodeWarrior

From: Eric VERGNAUD <eric.vergnaud_at_jlynx.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:57:36 +0100

le 22/03/05 19:38, Hardeep Singh à hardeep.bhatia_at_gmail.com a écrit :

HARDEEP,

You cannot compile libcurl in CFM because libcurl relies on MACHO libraries.
The way to go is to create a MACHO bundle (based on the CW static library
project) and call that bundle using dynamic call. You can find notes on ADC
on how to call a MACHO bundle from CFM code.

I will be out for a few days, so unfortunately I will not be able to help
you quickly.

Good luck,

Eric

> Hi Denial,
>
> I am trying that.
> Using configure, the final output is a library in MACH-O format. But
> what I need is a library in CFM format. As CodeWarrior compiler can
> compile in both the formats, I am not sure how to tell compiler to
> compile in CFM format, using the configure command.
> As CodeWarrior is not installed on the system(It is just copied in the
> Application folder), its compiler won't be available directly from the
> terminal as GCC compiler is available.
>
> In CodeWarrior folder, there are many compilers avialable. I am
> looking at which one to use and how to use the same in the configure
> command. I tried one or two by copying them where configure is placed,
> and using command like CC="compiler name" ./configure. But It didn't
> worked.
>
> If you have any Idea, which compiler to use for it and how to make the
> compiler available to configure, please let me know. I am also working
> at the same.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Hardeep Singh
>

>> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:49:41 +0100 (CET), Daniel Stenberg
>> <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> wrote:

>>> I'll just mention this (again):
>>>
>>> The lib/config-mac.h header is crafted for building libcurl on Mac OS 9.
>>> Building (lib)curl on Mac OS X is meant to use the configure route.
>>>
>>> Can't you just tell configure to use the CodeWarrior compiler?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se
>>> Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: http://haxx.se/curl.html

Eric VERGNAUD - JLynx Software