Re: https problems

From: Jochen Roderburg <Roderburg_at_uni-koeln.de>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:33:27 +0100

Zitat von Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>:

> Hey friends. We need more feedback on this problem. When I've asked for
> assistance with this problem on the libcurl list, it turns out that none of
> the devs that build their own version and try this can repeat this problem!
>

> 1) can anyone who gets the curl -k problem show us a command line against a
> public URL that seems to crash if not always, at least frequently?

This is not necessary, as the crash happens *always* and already before the URL
is seriously used. You don't see an error message if you put a random string
there.

> 2) does anyone who gets the -k crash NOT use the pre-built executable
> provided
> on the curl website's download page?

I still think only the person who produced the Windows binaries on the download
site will be able to solve the puzzle. Only he knows what compiler and what
options he really used and if he really did not change the code (which looks
correct in the source as we figured out together some weeks ago ;-).

On the other hand, a possible internal work-around corresponding to my external
work-around could be, to explicitly initialize the pointer to NULL when it is
not set to something else (as in the Windows case). This assumes of course that
the *real* corruption does occur there and not later.

That was in ./lib/url.c around line 550:

#ifdef CURL_CA_BUNDLE
    /* This is our prefered CA cert bundle since install time */
    data->set.ssl.CAfile = (char *)CURL_CA_BUNDLE;
#else
    data->set.ssl.CAfile = NULL
#endif

Best regards,