Re: My perception of curl (fwd)

From: Walt Pawley <walt_at_wump.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:11:04 -0800

On 2/8/05 8:49 AM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote on My perception of curl (fwd)

>Regarding the contents, I don't have much to say. It is just... vague and
>without details.

Yeah. That was my first, and lasting, impression as well. While I'm not in
a position to comment on the "rigor" with which curl's CVS is maintained, I
can say that things must be getting more inclusive. Much earlier I'd tried
building the then current version on Mac OS X and had some problems. I
recently did the same thing on 7.13.0 (I believe that's the number) and it
went like a champ.

As for curl itself, I use it everyday in a number of automatic procedures
here and often in an "ad hoc" manner. I've had occasional failures of
various sorts. I don't know whether they're due mostly to my ineptitude as
a programmer, curl bugs, OS glitches or bumps in the night, but they happen
at a pretty low incident rate.

Perhaps "Anonymous User" would consider sharing some concrete notions of
the difficulties with curl, so they could be addressed?

--
Walter M. Pawley <walt_at_wump.org>
Wump Research & Company