Re: FW: New User Issues -- Post Problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:47:47 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Rod Anderson wrote:

> I'm having problems writing a script to a website that provides no support.
> Below I have attached the parms I'm using, original HTML form, and the error
> that is being returned. The site does require a cookie which I'm retrieving
> with the -I switch prior to running the following script.

I'd recommend using -c to record the cookie first, and then in the second
invoke that sends off the POST you use -b to read it back.

I trust you extract that "ASPSESSION*" cookie every time before you attempt
this POST?

I couldn't spot any obvious error. Try one of the HTTP snooping tools to
analyze what your browser sends when you do this manually, then compare that
to what curl sends (--trace-ascii is your friend for the latter).