Re: Partial download. Bug or Feature?. Version > 7.12.0 [SOLVED]

From: Daniel Lord <squidclam_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:06:18 +0100

Hello Daniel,

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Daniel Lord wrote:
> >I looked through the changelog but couldn't find anything regarding this
> >issue. Would someone please shed some light on this? I'd really like to
> >stay with cURL.
>
> I looked through your code but couldn't see any obvious problem. Can you
> write up and post a complete program that shows the failure so that we can
> try it against a public URL in our ends?
>
> I should mention that I don't recognize this problem.

While writing your requested sample code I realized that
CURLOPT_NOBODY was the Problem. Rereading the docs I found the
following

<snip>
To change back to GET, you should use CURLOPT_HTTPGET. To change
back to POST, you should use CURLOPT_POST. Setting CURLOPT_NOBODY to
zero has no effect.
<snap>

The behavior for curl <= 7.12.0 was correct if I set CURLOPT_NOBODY back
to zero. However CURLOPT_HTTPGET solved my problem. The sentense
"Setting CURLOPT_NOBODY to zero has no effect." is a bit misleading.
To change back to normal behavior you shurely have to set it back to zero.

Thanks for your time and sorry for asking useless questions

    Daniel

--
"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."