RE: Uploading Files

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:09:01 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Nate wrote:

> What I am looking for is a real life example for uploading files using cURL
> using the various http upload methods put, etc. With each step broken down
> and explained and the advantages/disadvantages of each method.

I've made an effort to sum things up in this document:

         http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html

Does that cover what you're asking?

> I will have several clients uploading large files and I want it to be
> stable. Can cURL give me more speed and reliability then a standard php
> upload?

I don't know what a "standard php upload" is nor how reliable it is so I
wouldn't know. AFAIK, curl tranfers are stable, fast and reliable.

> I can see using cURL for things like AIM with Authorize.net, but when would
> you use cURL upload instead of php upload for example.

I've never used php upload.