Re: curl 7.12.3 issue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:24:26 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Tom Lee wrote:

> with curl 7.12.3, I can now upload(ftp) multiple files in different
> directory with one command in Windows.

It has in fact been possible for a while.

> However, I noticed that curl connects, login, and upload file seperately for
> every file. I am not sure if it can be done with one connection for multiple
> files upload?

curl attempts to re-use the control connection between the files. Either you
see a bug, or you see a case where the connection can't be kept alive.

Can you show us a complete command line you're using?

Do you see the same problem when download multiple files? If so, can you show
us a command line we can try?

> Also, I want to automate the uploading and get noticed if there is any error
> in uploading like connection lost etc. is there a way to return a "0" or
> "1" from curl to tell if the uploading is successful?

curl returns a full set of error codes, as described in the man page. 0 is
success, non-zero is failure.