Re: Unable to access webpage

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:23:34 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Sagar Saibi wrote:

> command used : curl -L -sb cookie -sc cookie1

The options are -s, -b and -c. Using -s a second time only disables it. Thus
your -s options here have no effect.

> I have a post parameter to be passed to this page namely case id :
> 1PC000052403 and i want to capture the resultant page.

And when you POST this with your browser, it sends nothing but that single id?

> Error I get : An error has occured. Please exit <javascript:window.close()>
> this page and try again
> What could be the root cause and the solution for this ?

The server considers something in your post to be wrong and thus tries to
provide a helpful error message to you. We can't know what detail. A POST
field? A cookie? A HTTP header being in the wrong order? It can be anything
the server program's author has decided.

The solution? Mimic a browser more closely. Run a manual post with
LiveHTTPHeaders and then make sure you run curl with command lines that
provide as similar requests as possible.