Re: easy c/g/Xdialog/zenity progress indicator?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:40:29 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Bill Paxton wrote:

> In a perfect world some kind soul would implement a --progress-dialog that
> would output a single character or dot for each percent complete, so a
> calling script could be as easy as: curl --progress-dialog
> http://some.site/some.file | Xdialog --progress "downloading..." 0 0 100

I've never seen nor heard of Xdialog before.

> Is there some trick / pipe magic to filter curl progress meter to be
> compatible with these GUI tools?

Most likely it can be done, but it may be tricky. I don't know what the
requirements are so I really can't tell.

Personally, I have about 49 other curl things I'd rather fix before I'd plunge
into fixing this, so don't hold your breath waiting for me on this.

But: anyone with some patience and interest can do this.