RE: Can't get curl to compile with SSL option, PLEASE HELP!!!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:36:54 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 sales_at_nitromax.com wrote:

> Actually I take that back. Curl seems to have compiled correctly without the
> errors, but after installing, when I try to run simple command line like:
> curl https://whatever.com it comes back with a 2464 Segmentation fault (core
> dumped) $HTTPD -DSSL error.

That "HTTPD -DSSL" text is certainly not from curl.

If the core is curl's, then I suggest you follow the docs/BUGS instruction and
provide us a stack trace from the crash.

> I then tried to recompile apache with curl and curl ssl support and apache
> wouldn't restart.

How do you compile apache with curl support? What does that mean? curl is a
command line tool. libcurl is a transfer library. Apache uses neither.