Re: Output to file and search & replace

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:20:41 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Jake Abramson wrote:

> First, I'm using the -o option to output to a file, however it doesn't
> include the carriage returns that would otherwise be included when using the
> prompt output, any ideas?

You mean > compared to -o? I believe that is some general confusion on Windows
since it has "text" and "binary" mode on files and in this case I guess we set
text type for terminal output and binary for -o.

Using -o, you get the file exactly the same way as it is delivered by the
server.

> second, with this file that I've outputted, and I do a "search" and
> "replace" command on it?

That is entirely up to you and your tools of choice. I normally use sed or a
perl script.