RE: cURL truncating upload file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 20:26:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, James Smith wrote:

>>> <= Recv header, 19 bytes (0x13)
>>> 0000: nnCoection: close
>>
>> Is this really what the server sent? "nnCoection:" ?
>
> I pasted directly into the mail from one of the trace files.

Then I'd say it is proof enough that the server is wacko. The header should
have been "Connection: closed".

>> How long do you wait before you say it "doesn't exit" ?

> 2.5 days. (from Friday about 5:30pm to Monday at arround 9:30am).

That is very long indeed! ;-)

>>> the file is still transmitted in it's entirety, but some or all of
>>> these lines are missing.
>>
>> Some or all what lines? Headers? If so, what are the differences?
>
> The lines I pasted into the email, and the diference is that they are
> missing.

Aha, ok, those lines you pasted here are the response (headers and a tiny
body) from the server and thus when you get a problem case you just never get
a response from the server.

How much of its data has curl sent when it hangs? To me, it looks as if it
sends its data and then sits around waiting for a server response it never
gets (and there is no default timeout for this).