RE: cURL truncating upload file

From: James Smith <james_at_discs.uk.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:55:50 +0100

> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, James Smith wrote:
>
> > It is also worth noting that curl behaves differently
> depending on how
> > it is executed.
> >
> > 1) DIRECTLY FROM THE COMMAND LINE - Seems to work ok (although more
> > testing is needed).
> > 2) FROM A BATCH FILE ON THE COMMAND LINE - As above.
> > 3) DIRECTLY FROM THE SCRIPT - Small files work, larger ones
> work but
> > curl doesn't exit.
> > 4) FROM A BATCH FILE FROM THE SCRIPT - As above.
>
> curl is the same and works the same no matter how you start
> it. If it behaves differently, I blame your environment that
> starts/runs it or just pure coincidence.
>
> > When it fails to exit, the trace file is showing some
> peculiarity, all
> > of the transmitted info is there but at some point after the end of
> > the file data it stops. A correct execution complete with curl
> > exiting contains the following...
> >
> > <= Recv header, 23 bytes (0x17)
> > 0000: HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted
> > <= Recv header, 37 bytes (0x25)
> > 0000: Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 11:29:01 GMT <= Recv header, 16 bytes
> > (0x10)
> > 0000: Server: Apache
> > <= Recv header, 118 bytes (0x76)
> > 0000: set-cookie: exn-auth-main=703062991; path=/;
> domain=.amazon.co.u
> > 0040: k; expires=Wednesday, 06-Oct-04 15:59:02 GMT; secure <= Recv
> > header, 20 bytes (0x14)
> > 0000: Content-Length: 26
> > <= Recv header, 19 bytes (0x13)
> > 0000: nnCoection: close
>
> Is this really what the server sent? "nnCoection:" ?

I pasted directly into the mail from one of the trace files.

> > At the bottom of the trace, in the cases where curl doesn't exit
>
> How long do you wait before you say it "doesn't exit" ? Are
> all the headers the same for the working and the non-working cases?

2.5 days. (from Friday about 5:30pm to Monday at arround 9:30am).

> > the file is still transmitted in it's entirety, but some or all of
> > these lines are missing.
>
> Some or all what lines? Headers? If so, what are the differences?

The lines I pasted into the email, and the diference is that they are
missing. The lines I pasted into the mail start directly after the file
information finishes, on some occations some or all of these lines [that I
pasted into the email] are missing [in there entirety] [from the trace
file].

--
Jay