RE: cURL truncating upload file

From: James Smith <james_at_discs.uk.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:43:39 +0100

> >> Is this really what the server sent? "nnCoection:" ?
> >
> > I pasted directly into the mail from one of the trace files.
>
> Then I'd say it is proof enough that the server is wacko. The
> header should have been "Connection: closed".
>
> >> How long do you wait before you say it "doesn't exit" ?
>
> > 2.5 days. (from Friday about 5:30pm to Monday at arround 9:30am).
>
> That is very long indeed! ;-)

I thought I would leave it over the weekend, just to be sure.

> or all of
> >>
> >> Some or all what lines? Headers? If so, what are the differences?
> >
> > The lines I pasted into the email, and the diference is
> that they are
> > missing.
>
> Aha, ok, those lines you pasted here are the response
> (headers and a tiny
> body) from the server and thus when you get a problem case
> you just never get a response from the server.
>
> How much of its data has curl sent when it hangs? To me, it
> looks as if it sends its data and then sits around waiting
> for a server response it never gets (and there is no default
> timeout for this).

With files of this size it seems to send all of it, however if I increase
the file size (these are between 10k and 13k for 100 lines) to arround 100k
or more then the files get cut short during the upload, could this be for
the same reason (ie: a response not being received so the rest of the file
not getting sent)?

--
Jay