Re: Can't Resolve Host Problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:12:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Eric S. Pecoraro wrote:

> I seem to be having the same problem listed at
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2003-10/0140.html

Please don't assume that. It is a whole lot easier for us to understand and
debug this if you clearly and with details describe your own problem. As you
have found out, the source doesn't look like that anymore and thus you cannot
have the same error as was found back then.

> Odd thing is, cURL will recognize the sub domains when prompted from another
> server. It just won't recognize them if prompted from the server that hosts
> the domain(s) (won't recognize a call to itself).

But other ordinary tools do? (like telnet, ftp, ping etc?)

> curl-7.12.0

Can you show us a full output from curl -V?

> ... my apologies if this is the wrong list.

This list is for curl issues, and this is a curl issue! ;-)