Re: Certificate Help - FTPS

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:10:53 +0200

<jennyvus_at_charter.net> said:

> I am currently configuring Curl to connect to Cute FTP via ftps. I have
> placed the server certificate into the curl-ca-bundle.crt file and I can
> connect to the server implicitly without a problem. When I force explicit
> connections on the server and demand that check for a client certificate
> it doesn't work. What I have done:
>
> Kept the CA Server certificate in the bundle.
> Placed the client's .crt and .key file in the directory of CURL. My syntax is as follows:
>
> c:\curl>curl ftps://username:password_at_website:443 -T c:\test.txt --verbose --cert jenclient.crt --key jenclient.key
>
> Anyway, I get no error. Closing connection #0.
>
> Any advice?

My reason for patch exactly; getting more sensible answers from OpenSSL
combined with a trace when the answer is unknown.

In the meantime, you could try with the openssl.exe tool for more details.
Something like
 echo LIST | openssl s_client -connect website:443 -cert jenclient.crt -key jenclient.key -debug

Also try the curl --trace option incase the error isn't in OpenSSL.

--gv